Monday, March 21, 2011

Music You Should Get [of the Week]

In the recent few months, I have become a huge fan of electronic music with tribal elements. This started with Fever Ray (the solo project of The Knife's Karin Dreijer Andersson), and I have ever since been addicted ever since.

Fast forward to the most recent artist I discovered that fits in this ethereal category: Glasser.



Cameron Mesirow, AKA Glasser creates her primeval sounding music with many electronic synths and other modded instruments, thus blending the futuristic into her primitive, tribal sound.

You can see a bit of her process here:



Her debut album Ring leads you on a celestial journey. She incorporates gossamer melodies with deep, earthy drums, and creates a beautiful otherworldly sound. I highly recommend the album, and I consider her one of the best new artists to emerge last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment